Ruin of a Moorish castle overlooking the village
Aljezur is a small market town with two parts divided by a fertile river valley of the Ribeira de Aljezur, situated in the natural park of the Costa Vicentina, the western coast of the Algarve. Its hilltop Moorish Castle offering nice views to the surrounding countryside dominates the old part. It was settled by the Moors in the 10th century and re-conquered in 1246.
Rogil: Moinho da Arregata
Reconstruction of an old windmill with a museum
The windmill, a reconstruction of the mills of the region, shows the traditional process milling cereals, explaining the techniques and machines used for that purpose Rogil, Aljezur